- High-voltage battery installation for electric cars
- Automotive axle bolts and fasteners
- Installation of dishwasher baskets
- Undercarriage assembly in flow production
- Communications satellite assembly
- Large aircraft assembly and drilling jobs
- Hand-picking of furniture hardware fittings
- Manual application of primers
- Quality control and assurance work
- Picking work for diverse jobs
- Correct installation of individual parts
Moving workpieces in flow production can be "handed over" from receiver to receiver as they move. When working on moving workpieces, the tool sensor refers to a moving coordinate system and calculates its position with the highest accuracy.
With only one position receiver using the Ethernet interface, it is possible to simultaneously operate different work processes at several workstations. Each worker can follow the workflow on their own individual workstation screen, each avoiding errors during the value creation process.
Even applications in which the position of an item is to be determined instead of the position of the tool can be realized with the Sarissa LPS. The tool transmitter from Sarissa is mounted on a code reader. Using the code reader, the LPS determines whether an item with a data code applied to it is in the right place.
This technology is used, for example, when installing bearing shells. After the worker places the bearing shell in the bearing receiver, they scan the data matrix code printed on there with the code reader. The LPS uses that code to determine if the bearing shells have been installed in their proper positions.